- Music helps bridge generation gap
- Teens and parents sound off on differences, similarities in their musical tastes
- March 22, 2005
- Choosing music during Guthrie family road trips leaves every man, and woman, fending for themselves. “Sometimes we are smashing each other’s fingers trying to change the radio stations,” James Guthrie says.
- Lawrence Children’s Choir concert to preview spring tour of Germany
- March 11, 2005
- In late May, 67 children will relinquish a few days of summer vacation to perform abroad. The young vocalists of the Lawrence Children’s Choir have been invited to perform in Eutin, Germany, as part of the Lawrence Sister Cities program.
- Daring play raises violence awareness
- February 18, 2005
- The “Vagina Warriors” are going to battle again. A local cast is getting ready for another year of Eve Ensler’s “The Vagina Monologues,” a play that heightens awareness of violence and abuse against women.
- East Asian film fest to showcase contemporary visions at Spencer
- February 11, 2005
- In a season drowning in exclusive movie festivals, here is one where everyone is invited. The Center for East Asian Studies is presenting seven films under the banner theme “Not your mother’s Asia!”