Melissa Treolo is a copy editor and page designer.
- Kansas school wins $100,000 grant for new iPads
- December 7, 2015
- “We did it!” An eruption of applause and cheers followed these remarks by St. Joseph Catholic School teacher Lisa Fox after she was surprised during a Wednesday all-school assembly with the news that she was the Kansas-based winner of Farmers Insurance’s nationwide Thank America’s Teachers Dream Big Teacher Challenge.
- Middle school rallies behind coach fighting leukemia
- March 20, 2014
- It was shortly after a routine physical exam last October that Dave Anderson got the news nobody wants to hear: Something was wrong.
- Poster that incited Kansas sex-ed debate lists ‘grinding,’ ‘oral sex’
- February 18, 2014
- A poster at a Shawnee middle school that incited a debate today before the House Education Committee listed sexual acts including “oral sex” and “grinding.”
- Area bands excited to play star-packed Kanrocksas
- May 12, 2013
- A group of folk-rock musicians, brothers who make music on the fly and a few beautiful bodies will be among local and area talent taking the stage this summer at the Kanrocksas Music and Arts Festival.
- Animal rescue organization needs rescue of its own following mouse shortage, summer drought
- January 8, 2013
- At this time last year, the price of a frozen, euthanized mouse was 45 cents. But now, that price has nearly doubled, said Diane Johnson, executive director of Operation WildLife Inc. And the 25-year-old animal rehabilitation clinic known as OWL is “struggling” as a result. By Melissa Treolo
- Getting degree while working full time a balancing act
- January 6, 2013
- hese days, Celeste Neubauer of Olathe describes her life as a balancing act. She’s married with two children, 12 and 15 years old. She also works full time as a paraprofessional in the Olathe school district. By Melissa Treolo
- Girl’s recipe leads to lunch — and a few surprises — at White House
- August 25, 2012
- Rori Coyne of Shawnee generally eats her Yummy Cabbage Sloppy Joes — her favorite food — on a bun, or sometimes cold with a fork.
- 50 from De Soto treated for food poisoning during East Coast band trip
- 01:53 p.m., March 14, 2012 Updated 04:35 p.m.
- Fifty students and chaperones from a De Soto High School have been treated for food poisoning symptoms at a western Pennsylvania hospital after becoming ill while traveling for a band trip to New York.
- Kansan’s dog claims win at Westminster
- February 29, 2012
- An outgoing, easily excitable Shawnee resident who loves attention and weighs about 40 pounds isn’t quite able to put into words how it feels to be a winner.