I joined the News Center as a part-time reporter in December 2006 and am now the assistant director of media strategy, a job I took on in June 2010.
In my new role, I'll help launch and nurture some of our newest sites, like WellCommons and Sunflower Horizons, plus others that we're still developing, as well as help relaunch lawrence.com. I'll also help ensure the continued growth, both in traffic and interaction as well as revenue, for LJWorld.com and KUsports.com.
I started as a full-time reporter covering Kansas University, my alma mater, in August 2007 after graduating, and became online editor in May 2008.
Previously, I was editor of my college newspaper and had internships at the Kansas City Star, Des Moines Register and Austin Business Journal. My primary role is to help the staff engage the community via our Web sites, create interactive, multimedia journalism and promote the growth of our online sites.
In my spare time, I like to read books and spend time with my wife and our dog, a border collie-lab mix. I also like to travel and spend time enjoying all that Lawrence has to offer.
You can follow me on Twitter, where I provide behind the scene updates on news and what's going on in Lawrence.
- Fire reported on second floor of Hallmark Cards in Lawrence
- 03:58 p.m., September 16, 2011 Updated 09:40 p.m.
- Multiple Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical units are en route to Hallmark Cards, 101 McDonald Drive, in Lawrence after a report of a structure fire.
- LJWorld.com to host round table on the intersection of privacy and social media; Join us
- September 9, 2011
- The discussion, which will include discussion of real world issues from Lawrence and elsewhere, will run from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 15.
- How did you hear about Sept. 11? What do you remember from that day?
- September 8, 2011
- The 10th anniversary of Sept. 11 is right around the corner. Everyone has commemorations planned. We want to know where you were when you first found out about the attacks on the World Trade Center. Who broke the news to you?
- Two people injured in car accident on U.S. 24-40 near Lawrence Airport
- 06:46 p.m., September 2, 2011 Updated 07:41 p.m.
- At least two people are injured — one critically — after a serious accident on U.S. Highway 24/40 near the Lawrence Airport.
- One person dead in early morning car accident in Riverfront Park in North Lawrence
- 08:03 a.m., August 27, 2011 Updated 02:50 p.m.
- One person is dead after a vehicle overturned near the entrance to Riverfront Park in North Lawrence, said Lawrence Police Sgt. Mike Monroe.
- Injury accidents gnarl traffic on three highways
- KHP closes K-10 for 6 hours
- 03:47 p.m., August 25, 2011 Updated 12:16 a.m.
- Kansas Highway 10 reopened to all traffic Thursday night after a serious injury accident caused the highway to be shutdown for more than six hours.
- Air conditioning problems reported at Broken Arrow, New York, South Middle schools
- August 19, 2011
- Power flashes and other power disruption have led to problems in with the air conditioners at three schools in Lawrence, the Lawrence school district announced Friday.
- About 100 Douglas County Westar Energy customers still without power
- 09:26 a.m., August 19, 2011 Updated 09:30 p.m.
- As Friday wraps up, more than 100 Douglas County Westar Energy customers are still without power.
- Severe storms leave thousands without power in Douglas County
- More than 5,000 without power as storms move through area
- 12:00 a.m., August 19, 2011 Updated 03:08 a.m.
- The National Weather Service’s Storm Prediction Center has issued a severe thunderstorm warning until 12:30 a.m. Friday.
- August begins with another 100+ degree day, excessive heat warning
- August 1, 2011
- According to the National Weather Service, high temperatures for today are forecast to be 103 degrees, with a heat index as high as 111. On Tuesday, high temperatures are forecast to be 106, with a heat index of 109.