Jon Ralston (Copy Editor)
I've lived in Kansas most of my life, growing up in cozy Westwood Hills and spending almost five years at the University of Kansas, majoring in journalism and creative writing and graduating in 2005. I began working at the Lawrence Journal-World as a copy editor and designer in the fall of 2006, my first real job coming off a string of internships at papers and magazines throughout the U.S. I'm a true word nerd at heart. Some of my favorites: Coruscate. Serendipitous. Scrumptious. Boondoggle. I love living downtown and having so much around me to do on a whim. When I have free time, I like going to one of the many coffee shops nearby to grab a chai and do the day's crossword, going to Smackdown trivia at the Bottleneck, and generally vegging out. Don't get me started on "Lost" because I could talk about it for hours.
- 2013 Spring Arts Guide
- March 17, 2013
- Highlights of arts and entertainment events happening in Lawrence through the season.
- How to spend the holidays
- Your road map to arts and entertainment events through the end of the year
- November 18, 2012
- Here at Lawrence.com, Santa’s been making a list — and checking it twice — of local happenings to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Fall Arts Guide 2012
- September 23, 2012
- As the temperatures drop, there’s no reason to stay bundled up indoors this fall.
- Summer Arts Guide: Your guide to Lawrence’s arts scene from now until Labor Day
- May 27, 2012
- Whether you’re a kid or adult, bookworm or concert junkie, want to dress up like Harry Potter or Elvis, Lawrence has plenty of opportunities to keep you busy this summer.