Jessica Pauly (Shopping columnist)
Jessica Pauly is a freelancer for the Lawrence Journal-World and lawrence.com. She writes the Mrs. Mass shopping column for CheckOut. Her own blog can be found here.
- Mrs. Mass.: Tips for the Sidewalk Sale
- July 9, 2014
- It’s practically an annual holiday in Lawrence. With downtown Lawrence abuzz before the sun rises, you know something good is going on.
- Mrs. Mass.: Turning over a new Basil Leaf
- July 2, 2014
- There aren’t many restaurants that had their humble beginnings at a small gas station mini-mart. Truth be told, you probably know exactly which restaurant I’m referring to, don’t you?
- Mrs. Mass.: 10,000 reasons to shop local
- June 25, 2014
- Ten Thousand Villages opened on Mass. Street in October 2012, and the store currently carries products from 38 developing countries. All products are handmade, environmentally sustainable and fair trade (which means your purchase helps supports under- and unemployed artisans in other countries).
- Mrs. Mass.: Hot Box home to freshly baked goodness
- June 18, 2014
- You know those days when nothing goes quite right, and all you need is a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie to turn it all around? But because you don’t feel like baking cookies from scratch, you resort to eating the uncooked dough? (Or is that just me? … don’t answer that.)
- Mrs. Mass.: South Park the heart of downtown
- June 11, 2014
- The best way to experience Mass. Street, in its totality, is to start at Sixth and Massachusetts and walk south. The walk will take you past the shops, restaurants and outdoor patios, until you end up in a dreamy green space known as South Park.
- Mrs. Mass.: Getting the rundown from Garry Gribble’s
- June 4, 2014
- Because my favorite time to hit the trail (or Mass. Street, actually) is during the summer months when the weather is warm and the population is waning, I decided it was high time I visit Garry Gribble’s Running Sports, 839 Massachusetts St., to invest in some new kicks.
- Mrs. Mass.: Suggestions for Father’s Day
- May 29, 2014
- Just like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day is a bonus opportunity each year to appreciate the love and support a parent has given us. While there’s still some time before holiday June 15, it’s never too soon to consider thoughtful gifts!
- Mrs. Mass: The king of pop
- May 22, 2014
- Pop, soda, soft drink — no matter what you call it, there’s a new abundance of it on Mass. Street. Mass Street Soda opened last month, and it is truly refreshing the popularity of this carbonated beverage. With over 1,000 varieties of soda, it’s set up to satisfy almost any taste.
- Mrs. Mass: Great pizza a stone’s throw away
- May 14, 2014
- Most people have a favorite type of pizza. Whether it’s thin crust, Chicago style, or other, there’s a lot of variety in pizza styles, and many Americans know what they prefer when it comes to the almighty pie. Recently, Lawrence gained another kind of pizza to add to the mix courtesy of a new downtown business: Limestone Pizza + Kitchen + Bar.