Jesse Temple (Sports reporter)
Jesse grew up in Overland Park, Kansas, where he developed into the rabid sports nut he is today.
He attended Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois, playing two seasons on the men's tennis team and all four years on the men's basketball team. In June 2007, he graduated with a bachelor's degree in English and a minor in journalism. During his time at Knox, he served on staff of the weekly student newspaper, The Knox Student, for two years, including his senior year as sports editor.
During his junior year of college, Jesse realized he wouldn't be able to play organized sports forever. As someone with a passion for both writing and sports, he knew sports writing would be the career path for him - and the next best thing to still playing the games.
Jesse works part-time for the NewsCenter, mostly covering high school athletics. When not covering games and writing features, he attends graduate school at the University of Kansas, where he expects to earn a master's degree in journalism in May 2009.
- Green gets out of major jam, leads Lions to victory
- May 14, 2009
- Dorian Green wiped whipped cream from his face and smiled. He had just been pied as part of a lively Senior Night sendoff at Ice Field on Wednesday, and gobs of the sugary confection still stuck to his mug.
- LHS softball scores, but drops twinbill
- May 8, 2009
- Lawrence High dropped a softball doubleheader to Shawnee Mission East, 10-3 and 3-1 in eight innings.
- LHS softball slide continues
- May 7, 2009
- Lawrence High softball pitcher Lauren Massey isn’t going to stop throwing. She’d like a little offensive support from her teammates during the process, though.
- Firebirds let one slip away
- May 6, 2009
- Tyler Hatesohl surveyed the scene, saw the score six outs from the finish, looked at his pitcher on the mound and figured the outcome of Free State High’s baseball game no longer was in doubt on Tuesday afternoon.
- Buzz saw upends Seabury tennis
- May 5, 2009
- Between football, basketball and forensics obligations, little time remains for Seabury Academy sophomore Skyler Malone to focus on his tennis game during the year.
- Pump N Run ‘n’ done
- Iowa team ends K.C.’s mastery
- May 4, 2009
- All-Iowa Attack beat KC Pump N Run, 76-72, in the championship game of the 17-under division of the Jayhawk Invitational.
- All grown up
- Younger Releford creating name for himself
- May 3, 2009
- There is something Trevor Releford would like you to know. His name. It is Trevor. Not “Little Releford” or “Travis’ brother.” Just Trevor.
- Welcome to Kansas
- KU commit Woolridge scores 29 in first game
- May 2, 2009
- Royce Woolridge insisted nerves weren’t a factor on Friday night. Playing big games in front of bigger crowds, after all, is nothing new for Kansas University’s first men’s basketball commit from the class of 2010.
- Dixon jump-starts season with Indy 300 win
- April 27, 2009
- Scott Dixon won the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 at Kansas Speedway.