Evan Riggs (Sports intern)
Evan is a sports intern for the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Lawrence High’s Krom 3rd in javelin
- April 23, 2017
- It was an ideal setup for Hunter Krom at Saturday’s Kansas Relays. The Lawrence High junior entered the javelin throw as the top seed with the wind at his back, and most importantly, throwing with his teammate, junior Harrison King.
- Firebirds’ Venters tops 3,200 record, places 3rd at Relays
- April 21, 2017
- Free State senior Emily Venters had one goal: stay with Shawnee Mission Northwest junior Molly Born and Girard senior Cailie Logue.
- Street Savvy: KU’s Nick Meyer wins Street Pole Vault
- April 20, 2017
- At the conclusion of the second-annual Kansas Relays Street Pole Vault, Nick Meyer immediately made his way over to a large group of family and friends in the stands.
- Kansas softball swept by OU in three-game series
- April 15, 2017
- Moments after home plate umpire Craig Elmore signaled Oklahoma sophomore Caleigh Clifton was safe at home plate, Kansas softball coach Megan Smith stormed out of the dugout to plead her case.
- Powerful Sooners blast KU softball, 16-7
- April 14, 2017
- Through three innings, the Kansas softball team didn’t resemble a team on a three-game losing streak as it went blow-for-blow with No. 8 Oklahoma. The Jayhawks answered each Sooner run, at least until they unleashed a barrage in the fourth inning.
- LHS softball crushes SM South
- April 11, 2017
- With the bases loaded, Lawrence High freshman Karly Johnson had a feeling she was going to see her favorite pitch: a high ball.
- Platz’s early goal lifts FSHS soccer
- April 8, 2017
- The Free State girls soccer team had more than one reason to be excited about the goal by senior Sabrea Platz in the sixth minute. Not only was it the lone goal in a 1-0 home win over Lansing on Friday night, it guaranteed an easier week of practice for FSHS.
- LHS softball beats rain, tops McLouth
- April 4, 2017
- The sound of thunder has become all too familiar for the Lawrence High softball team, which has been relegated to indoor practices in addition to its season opener being postponed due to rain earlier this month.
- Jayhawks turn back Texas on final play
- April 1, 2017
- After three hours of hard-fought baseball, Saturday afternoon’s contest between Kansas and Texas came down to a play the Jayhawks practice at least twice a week.