Christy Little (Go! editor)
I joined the Journal-World staff in June 2001 as a copy editor. Since then, I have served as special sections editor, producing content such as the KU and Progress editions, and also sponsored the J-W teen advisory board from 2002 to 2005.
I'm now editor of the Go! section, which publishes on Mondays. You won't see my byline too often, because most of my job takes place behind the scenes — editing, layout and production work for Pulse and Go! I also coordinate arts notes for the Sunday Pulse section and blog occasionally for Lawrence.com — especially if it relates to horror, my favorite movie genre!
I grew up in Lenexa and graduated with a bachelor's degree in secondary education-English/journalism from Kansas State University. I taught high school journalism in Independence, Mo., before joining the Journal-World staff.
You can find me on Twitter, and I welcome your feedback and story suggestions, too.
- Arts roundup: Holiday show from ‘Right Between the Ears’; new classes at the Lawrence Arts Center
- December 10, 2010
- Upcoming in the Lawrence arts scene: “Right Between the Ears” plans live broadcast Dec. 18; KU professor releases new CD; LAC adding new winter classes.
- Broken Arrow contest aims to prevent bullying
- October 31, 2010
- As tragedies spurred by bullying make headlines across the nation, one Lawrence school’s contest aims to stop the problem before it starts.
- Screams in School: Scary Story Contest brings out the frights
- October 31, 2010
- The Journal-World features department was equal parts enthralled and spooked by the nearly 150 entries to our annual Scary Story Contest. We provided the prompt: “I returned to school after dinner to pick up a book I forgot. The front doors were unlocked, but the building was dark and deserted.”
- Arts roundup: Karole Armitage returning to Lawrence; City Band Director Bob Foster honored
- October 29, 2010
- This week in arts: Karole Armitage returns for week of dance events; guest artists join KU jazz performers; KU’s Robert Foster honored; KU graduate wins essay contest.
- Upcoming arts events: Downtown Lawrence Inc. photo contest; ‘Right Between the Ears’ Halloween show
- October 22, 2010
- Some upcoming arts events in Lawrence: A photo contest by Downtown Lawrence Inc.; new works at Wonder Fair; “Lobby Hero” opening at KU; several events opening at The Raven Bookstore; a Spencer Consort performance.
- Arts roundup: Environmental film fest; KU Symphony Orchestra Halloween concert
- October 14, 2010
- Upcoming events in the Lawrence arts community: a film fest sponsored by Friends of the Kaw; a Halloween concert with the KU Symphony Orchestra; “Jack and Jill” at the Lawrence Arts Center; Instrumental Collegium Musicum and more.
- Arts roundup: Upcoming oboe and jazz performances, quilting workshops by a renowned teacher
- 11:18 a.m., October 8, 2010 Updated 11:18 a.m.
- Upcoming: Clarinet recital at Baker University; performances on oboe and Jazz Ensembles from KU; author Robert Day visits the Spencer; three days of quilting expertise.
- Arts news: Auditions for “Annie,” “Lost in Yonkers” at KU; Patty Larkin at Unity
- October 1, 2010
- Upcoming arts events include University Theatre’s debut of “Lost in Yonkers,” Patty Larkin as part of the West Side Folk concert series, an exhibit by Lawrence artists at Landmark National Bank, all-ages auditions for “Annie,” a KU Wind Ensemble performance conducted by Paul Popiel, KU’s new director of bands; a Lawrence author’s latest release and an upcoming benefit piano concert.
- Arts roundup: New KU Opera; scholar examines Shakespeare’s authorship
- September 24, 2010
- Coming events in the Lawrence arts community: KU Opera debuts classic tale in modern setting; renowned Shakespeare scholar visits KU; aspiring writers invited to mingle with editors of K.C. literary journals.