Audrey Lintner is a freelancer for the Lawrence Journal-World and lawrence.com. She writes the Bite Sighs column.
- Bite Sighs: Spiced apple sandwich a sophisticated way to satisfy a sugar craving
- October 21, 2015
- On those rare occasions when you look at a selection of snacks and think, “Nah, too sweet,” coffee cakes can be a nice change of pace.
- Bite Sighs: Soda bread perfect complement to fall
- September 16, 2015
- When it’s a million degrees in the shade, cold weather is both longed-for and seemingly out of reach. In spite of what the thermometer has been saying, fall weather isn’t too far off; it’s almost time to break out recipes that don’t include shaved ice as a main ingredient.
- Bite Sighs: Cherry-chocolate brownies for back-to-school time
- August 19, 2015
- After Junior headed back to school, I decided to whip up these brownies as a sort of scholastic consolation prize.
- Bite Sighs: A fruity summer upside-down cake
- July 29, 2015
- Summer means warm weather, cold drinks, and all kinds of amazing fruit. Why not take advantage of some of those naturally sweet treats by baking up a dessert that features locally-grown fruit? And, you know, evilly delicious fattening stuff.
- Bite Sighs: No wheat, no problem for these nutty chocolate-chip cookies
- June 17, 2015
- Wheat-free doesn’t have to mean treat-free. With the many options available, an adventurous chef can work around just about any dietary restriction.
- Bite Sighs: Turn sourdough starter into chocolate cake
- May 20, 2015
- After explaining to my husband that no, I wasn’t actually keeping six jars of foaming wallpaper paste in the kitchen, I decided that something had to be done about the sourdough starter before it exploded and took over the whole house.
- Bite Sighs: Satisfy a sweet tooth with buttery almond sugar cookies
- April 15, 2015
- When my sweet tooth talks, I pay attention. A few days ago, the tooth in question asked for sugar cookies with almonds, and I was happy to comply.
- Bite Sighs: Adapt this brownie recipe for the changing seasons
- March 19, 2015
- At least I know that I can heat things up in the kitchen. Nothing says “cozy” like a pan of warm, fudgy brownies, no matter what kind of foolishness the weather wants to get up to outside!
- Bite Sighs: Chocolate apricot cheesecake
- January 28, 2015
- Now that the first month of the new year is about over, lots of us have abandoned those pesky healthy-eating resolutions and returned to our favorite comfort foods.