Ashleigh Tidwell is a reporting intern for the Lawrence Journal-World.
- First annual Food Truck Festival attracts hundreds
- May 11, 2014
- The East Lawrence Warehouse Arts District played host to the First Annual Kansas Food Truck Festival Saturday.
- Hearts of Gold Ball helps raise funds for Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- May 10, 2014
- It was a night full of bidding and dancing for attendees of the Hearts of Gold Ball on Saturday night. In a building that previously housed the Lawrence Journal-World’s press room more than 600 people, dressed in their finest suits and gowns, danced the night away to music by Billy Ebeling and the Late for Dinner Band.
- Lawrence Coalition for Peace and Justice honors outstanding citizen
- May 8, 2014
- Nearly 50 people, all donning colorful peace beads, came out Thursday to celebrate the winners of the Tom and Anne Moore Peace and Justice Award given by the Lawrence Coalition for Peace and Justice. This year’s recipients: Centro Hispano, for the organization award, and KT Walsh for the individual award.
- KU honors outstanding Kansas women
- April 11, 2014
- The Emily Taylor Center for Women and Gender Equity at the University of Kansas hosted the annual Women’s Recognition Banquet Thursday to honor outstanding women in Kansas.
- Mosaic brings Kansas nature to Free State Brewing Co.
- April 1, 2014
- When Chuck Magerl thinks of the natural beauty surrounding Lawrence, he thinks of the Baker Wetlands, the Kaw River and the many farmlands that make up the Kansas landscape. These elements became inspiration for Magerl, proprietor of Free State Brewing Co. who went in search of an artist who could bring these elements together in one 7-foot-by-7-foot piece of art at the brewery and restaurant. “We have a lot of original art incorporated into our company,” Magerl said. “I wanted to continue that idea with a mosaic or mural that featured all the things I love about our region.” By Ashleigh Tidwell
- Lawrence committee plans celebration for graduating seniors
- March 16, 2014
- Project Graduation Lawrence has put together a graduation party for seniors from all area high schools. Project Graduation Lawrence has put together a graduation party for seniors from all area high schools.
- 18-year-old Lawrence man arrested on suspicion of sexual battery on KU campus
- March 15, 2014
- An 18-year-old Lawrence man was arrested early Saturday morning on suspicion of aggravated sexual battery on KU’s campus.
- Fire safety scam targets medical offices
- March 15, 2014
- Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical is warning local medical offices of a new scam claiming to sell advertisements.
- Winter storm arrives in Lawrence; two killed in auto accident
- March 1, 2014
- A large winter storm moved into Lawrence last night that is expected to bring up to 8 inches of snow and sleet by early Monday.