Arley Hoskin (Fashion columnist)
Arley Hoskin is a freelancer for the Lawrence Journal-World and lawrence.com. She writes the Celebrity Fashion Fusion column.
- On the Cheap: Stuff stockings without unstuffing your wallet
- December 17, 2014
- With Christmas fast-approaching, your stockings are likely already hung by the chimney with care. Here are some tips to help stuff those stockings on any budget.
- On the Cheap: Creative holiday gifts for less
- December 3, 2014
- Ready or not, the holiday season is upon us, and with it comes lots and lots of shopping. When you buy a gift at a downtown retailer you are likely to find something more unique so your gift will stand out among the others, a factor that in itself is priceless. Here are some tips I use to save money on unique holiday gifts.
- Elaborate gingerbread creations arise from imagination, hard work
- December 2, 2014
- Don’t expect your grandma’s gingerbread houses at the Big Brothers Big Sisters annual Gingerbread Festival.
- On the Cheap: Bargains on bed sets
- November 19, 2014
- My recent search for new bedding made me feel like I might need a small business loan to accomplish the task. It is hard to find bedding “on the cheap,” even for an experienced bargain shopper like myself. Here are some tips I learned to help you revamp a bed set for less than $100.
- On the Cheap: Deals on denim
- November 5, 2014
- Most women I know love to wear jeans, but hate to shop for them. And looking at the price tag of name brand jeans only adds insult to injury. Some pairs cost more than $100. I recently went jeans shopping and have some tips to make the experience more affordable.
- On the Cheap: Cost-saving fall centerpieces
- October 15, 2014
- If you don’t have the time or energy to deck your entire home out in fall decor, a seasonal centerpiece can do the trick. And for less than $25, you can put together a look worthy of the cover of Real Simple or Martha Stewart Living.
- On the Cheap: Cut-rate costumes
- October 1, 2014
- October has arrived, and Halloween season has arrived with it. I’m not a fan of haunted houses and scary movies, but it’s hard to not love a holiday based around costumes and candy. Finding the perfect Halloween costume can be pricey, but fear not — I have some tips to help you do Halloween costume shopping on the cheap.
- On the Cheap: Bagging a bargain
- September 3, 2014
- Without the right bag, it can feel like you have the weight of the world on your on your shoulders. I recently set out for a new bag to carry to work and discovered a few tricks to find a good deal on what I wanted.
- On the Cheap: Dollar for dollar deals
- August 20, 2014
- Every dollar counts when you are on a budget, and the local dollar stores can help you make the most of them.