At what moment did you realize you wanted to become a sports reporter? And if there wasn't a specific point in time, what was the motivating factor?
In high school, I realized I wasn't going to be a pro athlete and I didn't have the patience for law school. So I figured why not cover sports for a career?
When you really want to relax and let your hair down in Lawrence, where do you go and what do you do ?
Hang out with coworkers at a local pub. Also drive around in my car to blow off some steam. Tennis helps me do that as well.
What comes to your mind as the most memorable local story you've covered?
Probably the local fundraising efforts for Hurricane Katrina. The Lawrence community has been so generous to those effected.
If you couldn't be a reporter, what occupation would you want to try?
Probably swim with dolphins.
Which two people do you admire most? One should be someone you know. The other, someone you've never met.
One person I admire the most is my dad. He has taught me a lot about life and worked hard to make sure I didn't turn out to be a bum. The other person would be Cal Ripken,Jr. Even though he played a game for a living, he still came to work and did his job thousands upon thousands of times without slacking off for a day.
If you were stranded on a desert island with only one song to listen to and one book to read for the duration, what would they be?
Dream On by Aerosmith. The book would probably be The Purpose-Driven Life. I've read some of it but if I were deserted on an island I'd probably have a few minutes to read it all.
If they were going to execute you tomorrow, rightly or wrongly, what would your last meal consist of?
Start out with some spicy buffalo wings. Then move on to a nice ribeye steak (medium rare). Then top it off with a brownie ice cream sundae.
- 6Sports video: Eudora football ready for season
- August 15, 2007
- We continue our prep football previews with another team that took an undefeated record into the post-season, only to lose in the state semifinals. With their top tailback and wide eceiver returning, the Eudora Cardinals hope to take the next step in 2007.
- 6Sports video: Firebird football squad hopes to follow last season’s success
- August 14, 2007
- The 2006 season was one to remember for the Free State High football team. After going a perfect 9-0 in the regular season, the Firebirds went on to win the first playoff games in school history. Will this year’s squad be able to follow those big shoes?
- 6Sports video: Raiders conclude fine season
- August 12, 2007
- For the first time in nearly half a decade, the Lawrence Raiders did not bring home an American Legion State title, but that doesn’t erase the fine season Shaun Edmondson’s squad had.
- 6Sports video: KU hopes for different results this year
- August 12, 2007
- Last season, the Kansas Football team’s record could have been 10-2. That is if the Jayhawks colud have held on to a 4th quarter lead. Four times in 2006, KU was on top heading into the final frame before blowing it.
- 6Sports video: Haskell football checks in
- August 12, 2007
- At Haskell Indian Nations University, fall camp is just beginning. Today the team checked out equipment and held their first team meal of the season. After dinner it was quickly into the film room to try and improve from last year’s 2-9 season.
- 6Sports video: KU football practice heats up
- August 6, 2007
- After four practices into the 2007 KU football season there are plenty of questions to be answered.
- 6Sports video: Ritchie Price not done with baseball
- July 31, 2007
- One year ago, KU shortstop Ritchie Price was selected in the 18th round of the Major League Baseball Draft by the New York Mets. Just one year removed from the Hill, Price’s playing days are now over.
- 6Sports video: Lawrence Raiders ready for state tourney
- July 25, 2007
- After a 2-5 start to the season a fifth straight state title seemed unlikely for the Lawrence Raiders, but heading into post-season play, Shaun Edmondson’s squad is feeling confident.
- 6Sports video: T-Bones looking for second-half title with turn-around
- July 23, 2007
- The Royals aren’t the only club in K.C. starting to turn the corner. This past weekend, the T-Bones took three straight from Schaumberg - in the proces the steaks snuck their way into second place in the northern league’s south division and are in early contention for a second half title.
- 6Sports video: Lady Cardinals working towards state title repeat
- July 18, 2007
- In 2006 the Eudora High volleyball team rolled to a 40-7 record en route to its first state title. This week at camp tears of joy are being replaced by drops of sweat as the Lady E-Cards begin the quest to repeat in 2007.