Sound Off

Sound Off: Flatbed pickup loads

I have a question about flatbed trucks and pickups whose loads are not secure. Does the city have any ordinance about securing a load in a flatbed truck? If so, how does one report an incident?

Kansas state law requires loads on vehicles be secured in a fashion to prevent them from spilling on roadways during transport. Violations may be reported to Douglas County law enforcement by calling 785-832-7509.

If you have a question, call 832-7297 or send email to


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.