Sound Off

Sound Off: Snow throw

Is there any kind of ordinance that says you cannot throw the snow into the street?

No, there is not a specific ordinance about placing snow in the street, Megan Gilliland, spokeswoman with the city, said. But she said it is best to place snow in your yard out of the public right-of-way because City Code states that public rights-of-way should not be obstructed.

Comments

Cant_have_it_both_ways 2 years, 5 months ago

Hmmm....wonder if this applies to the snow the plows block your driveway with...or are there two sets of rules?

B0B 2 years, 5 months ago

so you'd rather they didn't plow the streets?

EDIT: oh, i get it. i just noticed your screen name. you're in character.

kernal 2 years, 5 months ago

Makes more sense to put the snow in your yard rather than let it run off into the sewer system.

We're in a drought; use your noggins.

Christine Pennewell Davis 2 years, 5 months ago

Most people that throw the snow in the street are not creating a hazard they do it because the plow has been by and blocked their drive so they put it back out in street it melts faster that way and unless they are idiots they do not pile it up in one spot. Most of the snow at my house did end up in the yard how else the kiddos gonna make a snow slide but the yuck deposited at the end of the drive not it black and yucky.

Glo 2 years, 5 months ago

Snow in the street has been treated with sand and salt, Don't really want that on my yard!

Mark Currie 2 years, 5 months ago

I just checked, there is NO snow on my street, or in my drive. I wonder what happened to it......

elliottaw 2 years, 5 months ago

if you are going to throw the snow into the street don't whine about it being pushed back into your driveway, you brought it upon yourself

purplesage 2 years, 5 months ago

How about grass clippings when I mow? Can they blow into the street?

Greenbird 2 years, 5 months ago

Yeah, and what about my leaves? Can I just rake them into the street? Or what about doggie doo?

funkdog1 2 years, 5 months ago

That's against ordinance because that stuff isn't supposed to go down the storm drains.