Sound Off

Sound off: Motor oil

Does the city operate a place where I can take my used motor oil and be confident that it will be recycled properly?

Yes. The city and county operate the Lawrence-Douglas County Household Hazardous Waste Facility. But the facility, which is located off of East 23rd Street, accepts materials by appointment only. You can make an appointment by calling 785-832-3030. There is no charge for Douglas County residents to use the service.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.