Sound Off

Sound Off: Key conundrum

I was walking on the trails at Clinton Lake and I found a car key. What is the correct thing to do? Should I turn it in somewhere or leave it in case they come back to look for it?

Employees at Clinton State Park said they maintain a lost-and-found box at the park office, which is just to the right of the entrance booth. Items that are found in the state park may be left there. In addition, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has a lost-and-found box at the Visitors Center office, 872 N. 1402 Road. Also, the marina takes lost-and-found items, usually life jackets, skis and other things people typically lose on the water.

If you have a question for Sound Off, email soundoff@ljworld.com or call (785) 832-7297.

Comments

redneck 2 years, 4 months ago

I found an extra key in my desk drawer, and cannot for the life of me remember what it's for. Should I turn that in as well? :-)

PhilChiles 2 years, 4 months ago

How do these things even get submitted? I've never seen any way to do it on this site.

jackpot 2 years, 4 months ago

workinghard 2 years, 4 months ago

Anyway, another option for lost and found items is craigslist. If it is a car key with a computer chip, even if you turn it into the above places, you could post that info on craigslist. There is a post on there now about an iPhone found in the area of Veterans Park. It is a great resource for lost and found items. I posted and ad a few years ago for a friend that had lost their iPhone and actually got it back. Hope the people with the lost children's wagon get it back.

hooligan01 2 years, 4 months ago

I remember when Sound Off actually had good questions that was beneficial to more than just one person. Questions like this are easy to get an answer to via Email. I don't blame people for asking, I blame LJW for actually posting these and not using their brains.

akt2 2 years, 4 months ago

Look on Craigslist if you lose your pet or you see one that could be lost. One man posted about a little white dog that he and a passerby had tried to catch. He posted that he later found it dead along side of the road when he went to check on it again. What a nice man and how sad. Lots of pictures of lost pets. There is a darling little black poodle that is lost. Someone might recognize it.

del888 2 years, 4 months ago

You should find the car that the key belongs too, then use the key to open the door. look in the glove box to find the registration and read the name. Then call the person and tell them that you found their key and you are sitting in their car.