Sound Off

Sound Off: Does daylight saving time end before or after Halloween?

We return to standard time on the first Sunday in November; this year that’s Nov. 4. You will “gain” an extra hour by setting clocks back at 2 a.m. Nov. 4 (or before you go to bed). Until 2006, the time change took place on the last Sunday of October. Daylight saving time was extended, starting earlier and ending later, in 2007.

Comments

Jstanobservation 1 year, 6 months ago

When told the reason for daylight saving time the old Indian said"Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket,sew it to the bottom,and have a longer blanket".

HughNew 1 year, 6 months ago

what Joseph replied I am blown away that a student able to make $6443 in 4 weeks on the internet. did you see this site link (Click on menu Home more information) http://goo.gl/raAB6

guppypunkhead 1 year, 6 months ago

Sometimes the questions for this are really good and useful. Other times, I think that the person could just use Google, or look at a calendar. This is one of those times...

autie 1 year, 6 months ago

Roe, if the son is coming through the windows it will be best that those windows are open. And I wonder what time it was then if the son had to be creeping around through windows.

DST is worthless and has no place in our modern society. If you like the longer photo period in the summer, get your ass out of bed earlier.

Bill Lee 1 year, 6 months ago

You can thank Ben Franklin for DST.

Topple 1 year, 6 months ago

I just hate how it's dark by 6pm during the winter.

CWGOKU 1 year, 6 months ago

I wish they would pick one time or the other and just stick with it. I'd prefer daylight savings time year around, but will settle for the other if we can just leave it alone.

g_rock 1 year, 6 months ago

OMG. I get an extra hour on my vacation! wooooho!

buffalo63 1 year, 6 months ago

I remember when we first started daylight savings time, a lady wrote a letter to the editor (not LJW) complaining we should not be messing with God's time. Not sure what time zone God's Timex watch was set on anyway! LOL LOL LOL!

riverdrifter 1 year, 6 months ago

Spring back. Fall forward. Maybe. Whatever. Who cares.