Sound Off

Sound Off: I ordered a smaller trash container because we never filled up the one we had. Last week our new one was delivered, but they didn’t take the old one away. Now I have double the trash space when I was hoping for less. Will the old ones eventually be taken away?

Roger Steinbrock, a marketing supervisor for the city, says residents who switched sizes should use the old container for trash until the crews pick it up. The new carts were delivered by the manufacturer, and the old ones are being collected by solid waste crews. The crews will be working to collect those on normal trash days, after the trash is emptied, through November. Once the old one is picked up, then use the new one. If the old cart has not been picked up by December, Steinbrock says to call at 832-3032.

Comments

Hooligan_016 1 year, 10 months ago

"If you have a trash can you no longer have a use for, you can set it at the curb by 6 a.m. tomorrow. Make sure the can is empty, and mark and "X" on the can so that crews know you want it removed."

That was in the "Town Talk" article yesterday ...

headdoctor 1 year, 10 months ago

The city will take a dim view if you try to recycle their old or unwanted trash containers. The recycle event is for residents old unwanted containers.

avarom 1 year, 10 months ago

Just wait until you get your increase for the bigger containers, Talk about Kicked in the Can......OUCH!!! Its a Canspiracy!!

MarcoPogo 1 year, 10 months ago

Jeez, if only there was some sort of phone number that you could call to deal with this situation...you know, the one right there on the can!

Linda Aikins 1 year, 10 months ago

We got on line to order a small one since we would never use the big one. We've not heard a word and we still have the big one. I guess I'll call in December too.

JackMcKee 1 year, 10 months ago

I set my old trash bin out for both pickups with an 'X' on it. It's still sitting in front of my house.