Sound Off

Sound Off: I am going to be out of state this winter and spring for work. I love following the Jayhawks, but I’m not sure how to do that outside of Kansas. Is there a way to watch or listen to KU basketball on the Internet?

Chris Theisen, KU assistant athletic director for communications, said KU fans have a few options for getting radio and TV broadcasts on the road. To listen online, fans can sign up for Jayhawks All-Access on KUathletics.com. It provides — among other features — complete radio broadcasts of KU men’s basketball and football games for a subscription cost of $9.95 per month or $79.95 per year. Typically, most KU basketball games also are available on the subscription-based SiriusXM Radio, though on some KU away games, fans will hear the home team’s radio broadcast instead of the call from KU’s broadcast team of Bob Davis and Greg Gurley. Fans can watch the games online on ESPN3.com, provided they receive their high-speed Internet or cable TV subscription from an affiliated service provider (ESPN3 shows every regular-season KU game except for four scheduled to be televised on CBS). To see the games on television, fans also have the option of ordering ESPN Full Court through their local cable or satellite provider.

Comments

colreader 1 year, 5 months ago

Back to ATT all access: besides the sometimes-clumsy interface, it actually offers more: most or all the official press conferences, live, plus the weekly coaches shows at the Salty Iguana, plus other sports - women's sports, volleyball, baseball, etc. And all or most of these games/press conferences available on-demand, when you have time. Quite a bit for $9.99.

arizonajh 1 year, 5 months ago

I know it probably doesn't help but I have to rub it in. Here in Phoenix, I think Fox Sports Arizona has carried all but one or two of the KU football games this year (and think those were on another station). I don't know what the fasination is with KU but they are on every week down here. Can't wait to see if it holds for B-Ball too!

cellogrl 1 year, 5 months ago

Just FYI for those that are saying to listen to the radio online, unless you subscribe to the package they mention, the radio broadcasts are always blacked out online. You can't stream them from the regular radio station.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 5 months ago

"Sometimes the answer given by the answer-writer is wrong. I can't tell if it came from AAD Theisen or from the anonymous Sound Off reporter, but it may not be right." Average

I was just busting your balls. No need to get mad.

I watched the KU FB game that was not televised on ESPN 3. This shows that KU's Friday night game will also be on ESPN 3.

rockchalker52 1 year, 5 months ago

If I were in the subby's shoes, I'd go subscription radio & get a lot more added value for your investment. Or make friends with management at a comfortable bar. They would prolly tune it in for ya.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 5 months ago

" I am currently expecting most KU games to be blacked out on ESPN3 this year, but would be thrilled to hear if I'm wrong."

From the answer...

" Fans can watch the games online on ESPN3.com, provided they receive their high-speed Internet or cable TV subscription from an affiliated service provider (ESPN3 shows every regular-season KU game except for four scheduled to be televised on CBS)."

Nobody reads the answers.

FarneyMac 1 year, 5 months ago

Someone has internet access and STILL feels the need to ask this question in the newspaper? I think you are doing the internet wrong.

newtongirl 1 year, 5 months ago

All-Access is terrible. I can't believe KU Athletics hasn't gotten with the times and is still using it. In years past, I paid $14/month and got just the two exhibition games on video streaming and after that it was just audio for the rest of the season. If they're advertising what you actually get - mostly just audio streams - that's fine, but back then they promised every game on video stream and basically canned that after the exhibition games with no explanation. It definitely wasn't worth the monthly charge, even aside from the false advertising.

Shardwurm 1 year, 5 months ago

There is a website out there that allows you to watch sporting events via live streaming video at no cost.

Not posting the link, but Google is your friend.

jonas_opines 1 year, 5 months ago

ESPN's list of the KU schedule and where the games are shown. I'd say they'd be substantially backtracking, based on this list, if they blacked out the KU games on ESPN3.

And I will be seriously pissed, lol. We GOT cable so we could watch KU games here in North Carolina, and if I have to endure the crap on cable (the missus likes the background noise), not to mention the two weeks of sudden politicrap bombardment, I better get something out of it.

jj14 1 year, 5 months ago

You can also listen to KJHK and 105.9 the lazer online...

average 1 year, 5 months ago

Are you sure about ESPN3.com? That's how I watched most games last year. But, starting about August of this year, they started blacking out most content that would be available on the 'broadcast' ESPN channels (main ESPN, 2, U), making ESPN3.com mostly only obscure content that wasn't being shown elsewhere (cricket or whatnot). I am currently expecting most KU games to be blacked out on ESPN3 this year, but would be thrilled to hear if I'm wrong.

davehiggins 1 year, 5 months ago

ESPN has most of the games available on streaming video. Their streaming video app, WatchESPN, is available for most mobile platforms, but you have to have a cable account (Comcast, Time Warner, etc.) to be able to watch.

Benjamin Roberts 1 year, 5 months ago

Listen to many (most?) radio stations on the Internet for free with TuneIn.

Listen to KLWN anytime via internet: http://tunein.com/radio/NewsTalk-1320-s33921/

It is also available as an app for most smart phones and tablets.