Sound Off

Sound Off: How can I check someone’s criminal record?

You can search for a person’s Kansas criminal record through the Kansas Bureau of Investigation by going online to However, the check costs $20, and you must know the person’s first and last name, as well as date of birth.


UNIKU 1 year, 10 months ago

You just ask the ranters on these forums...they know all the thugs that the police "frame" every day....


Andini 1 year, 10 months ago

You could just ask them for it.


Robert Rauktis 1 year, 10 months ago

Will they also post politicians and the clergy?


davidmcg 1 year, 10 months ago

Also, free of charge is the K.A.S.P.E.R. system at

It is run by KDOC, K.A.S.P.E.R. stands for Kansas Adult Supervised Population Electronic Repository. You can search by name, date of birth, social security number, KDOC number, etc. It only lists convictions and supervisions in Kansas but goes back several decade. Not a complete records check, but pretty good for free of charge all the same. Also, several county sheriff's offices have online databases of those who are either in current custody and/or a booking report for those arrested and jailed in their county. There is also the Kansas and National Sex Offender registry.


Commenting has been disabled for this item.