Sound Off

Sound Off: How do I stop receiving the mountains of junk mail that we get every day?

The Federal Trade Commission recommends consumers consider “opting out” of pre-screened credit and insurance offers, which can cut down on the volume of junk mail. Go to optoutprescreen.com to opt out and learn more about the options.

Comments

troll 1 year, 11 months ago

I have had good results using https://www.catalogchoice.org/ , although it won't help with credit card offers.

I also receive one or two mailings from knology every week, would be nice to get off their list.

Zype 1 year, 11 months ago

Can I opt out of Knology's mailing list? I receive at least once a day, sometimes two. It's ridiculous, and it's obnoxious.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 1 year, 11 months ago

They have nice shipping boxes. I get stuff from ebay shipped by UPS and FEDEX in the USPS boxes. Neat!!!

Flap Doodle 1 year, 11 months ago

Without junk mail, the USPS would be even farther in the red than it is now.

sizeito 1 year, 11 months ago

https://www.catalogchoice.org/ Stop unwanted mail - Free service to opt out of catalogs, coupons, credit card offers, phone books, circulars and more.

Chris Beilman 1 year, 11 months ago

Have a little fun with this. Let’s call it … Junk Sharing. Most junk mail includes a postage paid return envelope. Take this envelope and stuff it with the other junk mail received by another company, and visa-versa … Make sure you stuff as much as you can in this envelope as to increase the costs of the return postage. Also, include the envelope, or cut out the portion that shows “Resident” and the address they sent it to. I’m sure they will take you off the list as soon as they figure out what you are doing. Have a nice day !!!

thuja 1 year, 11 months ago

Kramer tried and it didn't work.

Jeff Supernaw 1 year, 11 months ago

Google 'mail preference service'. Send them a letter. This will stop about 90% of your junk mail.

Floyd Craig 1 year, 11 months ago

ask the post office for the form to fill out to stop the junk mail I did n it works pretty good

Soapbox 1 year, 11 months ago

Quit checking the mailbox..............who uses U.S. mail system anymore?