Sound Off

Sound Off: I plan to have a watch party Sunday for KU’s second NCAA Tournament game and need to know what time that game will be played. I don’t understand why the Journal-World can’t just print the tipoff time for both games in Omaha, instead of just the Friday game. Please tell me what time Sunday’s game is.

The times for the Sunday games will not be determined until Friday night. As soon as the times are determined, they will be posted on KUsports.com and published in the Journal-World, but don’t expect that to happen before Friday.

Comments

FarneyMac 2 years, 9 months ago

Dear Newspaper:

What time do I have to be at work next Wednesday? Please print it on the front page of tomorrow's paper.

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

7 in the morning. Don't be late & bring donuts!

FarneyMac 2 years, 9 months ago

Also, to be serious - THIS is your plan to regain profitability and save the paper? Fire all the talent and instead become an information clearinghouse for the terminally stupid? As much as I am enjoying the slow death spiral of the Simons empire, it really does a disservice to the community when they turn the local paper of record into some localized version of Yahoo Answers and turn their backs on the portion of the community with functioning brains.

Whatever kind of business strategy this Sound Off nonsense is, it will fail in the long run and you're only making yourselves look like idiots in the process.

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

Respectfully disagree, Farney. It's only one column. It does generate interest. For example, here we both are, reading & responding to it.

FarneyMac 2 years, 9 months ago

You have a point; still, you are a much more charitable man (or woman) than I.

Alex Parker 2 years, 9 months ago

Sound Off is a long-running feature that we have recently started to post on the front page of the site.

GardenMomma 2 years, 9 months ago

But there are columns that you had that I miss that were lots more informative than Sound Off. First Bell, for one and Scouting News for another.

Who comes up with the Sound Off questions anyway? Some have been downright disappointing to say the least. "Is Christmas always on a Sunday?" Very odd question.

Alex Parker 2 years, 9 months ago

Sound Off questions are submitted by readers who call or email.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Who needs Google, we have "Sound Off"!

oldvet 2 years, 9 months ago

Since we are playing the late game on Friday, plan on the late game on Sunday. They favor the higher seeds and will give the Jayhawks the max time between games. Since there are 8 games being played on Sunday, figure start times of something like 11:30, 2/2:30, 5 and 7/7:30, with two games around each timeframe, probably starting 8-15 minutes apart. And they want higher seeds and national recognition for those late games to insure viewers. Of course, slow games or OT will delay later rounds in the same venue.

somedude20 2 years, 9 months ago

More importantly, what time and stations are showing Magnum, P.I. reruns? Oh, and Sliders too, please

always_correct 2 years, 9 months ago

Is the person who asked this question over the age of 90? Also, why such a passive aggressive comment against the Journal World? I know they're not the best, but if you can post on Sound Off, I would hope you could also do a Google search. Lastly, please stop assuming we'll beat Detroit. If we lose, I'm blaming your premature party planning.

Oh, and like a few others have said - Sound Off is dumb. Unless you're going for comedy LJWorld. But, even then, you should probably just leave the satirical news to The Onion.

tsmjcc 2 years, 9 months ago

you rock g i got the chips and beer

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

I love ya, CW, but posting that comment twice is delicious irony. Or maybe you are way ahead of me? :-o}

DillonBarnes 2 years, 9 months ago

I love this column, from passive-aggressive questions to downright dumb ones, it's always entertaining. Not to mention a number of people who become absolutely outraged by the mere existence of the sound off column.

leapinlemur 2 years, 9 months ago

After also trying to find this information, I believe that the official answer is that Sunday game times will not be published until Thursday. However, OldVet is likely correct that it will be the late game.

Jean Robart 2 years, 9 months ago

actually, NCAA has said that times for Sunday games will be announced on Friday

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

St. Mary's is KU's Bucknell or Northern Iowa or VCU this season.... plan to be frustrated and wait to see Robinson in the NBA draft.

Richard Heckler 2 years, 9 months ago

How to save newspapers?

Buy them. Computers take up to much room and don't bend like paper.

LadyJ 2 years, 9 months ago

Best comment merrill has made in a long while, we should encourage this lighter side of him.

classclown 2 years, 9 months ago

merrill (anonymous) says…

How to save newspapers?

Buy them. Computers take up to much room and don't bend like paper. March 13, 2012 at 6:45 p.m

===================================================

Are you okay? You didn't hit your head or anything did you?

The reason I ask is because that statement is not very green of you. You are advocating deforestation solely for the purpose of being able to fold a newspaper.

I will concede however that it's just about impossible to sneak a computer into the bathroom at work unlike a print version.

classclown 2 years, 9 months ago

Actually, I guess it isn't. I don't use one so I didn't think about those annoying phones that you can squint at to surf the internet. Although I'm not sure it's the local news they're reading in those stalls.

JackMcKee 2 years, 9 months ago

Dear Sound Off, why can't you just tell us the score of the KU game on Friday? I have plans so I'd rather not have to waste my time watching it.