Sound Off

Sound Off: Is Christmas always on Sunday?

No, but Christmas always is on Dec. 25.

Comments

KSChick1 2 years, 1 month ago

watched Disney's Pocahontas movie at the theater when it came out years ago, where I think Mel Gibosn voiced the englishman John Smith that Pocahontas supposedly saved from her father Chief Powhatan...and some dipstick dad there with his kids got up from the movie and said, "you'd think they could have come up with a better name for him than John Smith" What the ??? And that man procreated! Scary!

acg 2 years, 1 month ago

LOL. Was watching something last week and a bunch of british chicks were having a conversation with a native american woman. They asked the native american woman what her nationality was and she said "native american". One british chick turned to another british chick and said, in her cockneyed accent "I don't think we have those in London, do we?" LOL. I about died. The native american woman went on to explain what the dynamic was between native americans and brits and the british chick said "how have I never heard of this?" People never cease to amaze me.

Paul R Getto 2 years, 1 month ago

Happy Birthday Mithras; and it's always on December 25th. Tradition; tradition......or as Sam says, "Give me that old time religion."

jaywalker 2 years, 1 month ago

What the? Is this like those man-on-the-street interviews where they ask questions like "what's the capitol of Chicago?"

Andini 2 years, 1 month ago

In my opinion this question is second only to 1994s classic "Do the turnpike toll booth employees get a lot of paper cuts when they hand out the toll cards?"

Steve Swaggerty 2 years, 1 month ago

This is the most MORONIC question of ALL TIME!! LJ you've out done yourselves this time. I'm now even more convinced that no one submits these questions that they are made up by someone that is either very drunk or very high!!. Not even right wing Republicans are that stupid. Now do the rest of you people understand what I've been ranting about? This section is a complete waste of time and energy!!

irvan moore 2 years, 1 month ago

did this question have a missouri postmark on the envelope?

pace 2 years, 1 month ago

this reminds me of the new calender some people would like to change to. That calender might have Christmas always fall on a Sunday. I like the idea but I wouldn't want my birthday to always fall on a Saturday, then I would have to have a party every year.

sickofdummies 2 years, 1 month ago

Hey, hey, hey. There are NO stupid questions. Only really stupid people.

tange 2 years, 1 month ago

Is Black Friday always darkest before the dawn?

beatrice 2 years, 1 month ago

If wishes were fishes, would we all cast nets?

5thgeneration 2 years, 1 month ago

Q: Why are fire engines red?

A: Because books are read too. Two times two is four. Four times three is twelve. There are 12 inches on a ruler. Queen Elizabeth was a ruler. Queen Elizabeth was also a ship. Ships sail the ocean. Fish live in the ocean. Fish have fins. The Fins fought the Russians. Russians wear red, and fire engines are always rushin'.

beatrice 2 years, 1 month ago

Where does the sun go at night?

When the Tooth Fairy retires, will she only take false teeth?

Who is on First?

How much wood can a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

If a tree falls over in the forest with no-one around, does it count against my carbon credits?

Is it true that Texas doesn't fall into the Gulf because Oklahoma sucks?

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

Sound Off Sound Off is our way to help answer your questions about the community, including information about local government, schools or sports. If you have a question for Sound Off, email soundoff@ljworld.com or call (785) 832-7297.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

"The bottom of the barrel has been reached." Snap

Indeed. Now it is time to have fun. I'm going to come up with a bunch of really dumb questions and submit them to Sound Off.

kernal 2 years, 1 month ago

It's entirely possible a child asked this question, in which case no question is stupid.

shorttrees 2 years, 1 month ago

As many chips as a chipmunk could chip if a chipmunk could chip chips.

classclown 2 years, 1 month ago

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

How many tic bites before you need a transfusion?

Blue_Falcon 2 years, 1 month ago

Hey, LJWorld! I’ve got your Sound Off question ready for May. “Is Cinco de Mayo going to be on May 5th this year?” If you need a few more questions, then you can ask, “Why is water wet?” Maybe try “Why is the sky blue?” I might need to revisit this Sound Off closer to December in case I forget that Christmas is not always on Sundays. Thanks for the laugh!

Brad Greenwood 2 years, 1 month ago

This is what happens when you start cutting funding for education.

Jay_Bird 2 years, 1 month ago

The fact that this question was even asked...

And the fact that this question was even published...

Is why this country has all the problems it has. End of story!!!

evilpenguin 2 years, 1 month ago

Hahaha, this has just officially made my day!

Lenette Hamm 2 years, 1 month ago

At first glance I thought my eyes were deceiving me. Then I decided I hadn't had enough coffee yet. But then.... WTH??? Slow news day, or the JW is picking on less-than-dim-lightbulb-bright folks. ;~)

bad_dog 2 years, 1 month ago

Why didn't the LJW reveal who they consulted for the answer? Hmm, I smell a conspiracy, here.

If a plane crashes on the U.S./Canadian border, where do they bury the survivors?

tange 2 years, 1 month ago

Yes, it's always Sunday at the North Pole.

/ 'cept o' course when it's Sunnight.

mustrun80 2 years, 1 month ago

Hey guys. I saw two women outside of The Pig kissing the other day. Is this gay sex?

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

The bottom of the barrel has been reached.

Keith Richards 2 years, 1 month ago

Take away this person's computer and hit them with a stick a couple times. What a moron!

JackMcKee 2 years, 1 month ago

Who is buried in Grant's Tomb? What color is the White House? What country invented Mexican food? Where is the Great Wall of China? What is gold made out of?

There I just gave you the next 4 weeks worth of questions.

Matthew Herbert 2 years, 1 month ago

This seriously got published? The Lawrence Journal World- groundbreaking journalism.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 1 month ago

Really. Someone should take a look at a perpetual calender.

Christmas is on a Sunday in only G and M years.

That is, in 1904, 1910, 1921, 1927, 1932, 1938, 1949, 1955, 1960, 1966, 1977, 1983, 1988, 1994, 2005, 2011, 2016, 2022, 2033, 2039, 2044, 2050, 2061, 2067, 2072, 2078, 2089, and 2095.

From 1901 to 2100, those are the years that Christmas is on a Sunday.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

. . . . what day does Monday fall on? . . .