Sound Off

Sound Off: Whom do I call to complain about builders who don’t mow their vacant lots?

Contact the city’s Codes Enforcement Division at (785) 832-7700 or report a violation online at www.lawrenceks.org/pds/code_violation.

Comments

HardwoodGoat 2 years, 11 months ago

Your mentality is part of the problem in this city.

ivalueamerica 2 years, 11 months ago

your answers have to be some of the most ignorant I have seen on the boards. It is clearly my business if my property values go down, if bug and rodent infestations go up, if my neighborhood become blighted, if an unkempt vacant lot becomes a gathering place for trash, drug addicts or a fire hazard.

The fact that non of that entered your mind as a neighbors business is simply astounding.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 11 months ago

Stop killing the planet with internal combustion lawn mowers!!!!!! I say let the NATIVE grass grow WILD and FREE!!!!!!! (from a source)

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

I have a native grass permit. Anybody wanna put a cement buffalo on it?

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 11 months ago

Or, better yet, put some goats out there. They will get the grass down in no time and provide milk as well. You can put them in different sections at different times.
They are not targets!

geekin_topekan 2 years, 11 months ago

Did you try your Mom? She might give a crap what yer talking about.

grammaddy 2 years, 11 months ago

How about banks who evict the homeowner, let the property sit vacant for a year (so far) and only mow when the rest of the neighborhood complains?The grass has gotten high enough for a 4-year-old to get lost in it.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 11 months ago

Well, in that case, the little Nubian goats would get lost and turn feral. I wonder what that would be like. Or you could let a four year old child loose in the grass with the goats and have a find the kid contest!! Ha, ha!

msezdsit 2 years, 11 months ago

Well, the most obvious answer would to start by telling your mommy.

David Albertson 2 years, 11 months ago

Why do Lawrencians have to whine and cry about everything? Are you really so bored you have to worry about the height of native grass? Seriously, get a life, loser.

PS - I'm not a right wing republican. Just realistic. Find something serious to fret about.

Richard Heckler 2 years, 11 months ago

Taller grass keeps the ground cooler,conserves moisture and maybe a few volunteer trees will occur.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 11 months ago

Okay, this is my real solution to this problem. Start a blog and every few days post a picture of this lot with the address and an update of what it is doing.