Sound Off

Sound Off: I live on Princeton Boulevard, and dandelions are taking over the median strip. Does the city have any plans to spray?

Megan Gilliland, the city’s communications manager, provided this information: There are currently no plans to apply herbicides to traffic islands for control of dandelions. The city’s Integrated Pesticide Management system delineates dandelions as seasonal weeds that are a nuisance but are not noxious weeks that require regulations for control.

Comments

DillonBarnes 2 years, 5 months ago

Hey, at least something's growing! Don't kill it, we might need it for food!

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

Totally agree with you. Their flowers are lovely in my opinion and you can use both the leaves and the blossom for many things. With all the things that are going on in the world if that was all I had to worry about, I wouldn't. Thanks for the post, it was right on.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

You are totally right about this. The leaves and blossoms can be uses for many things and the blossoms are a lovely yellow, many a child has picked them to give to their mother. If this is the worst thing I have to worry about......I won't. Thanks for the post.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 5 months ago

If you mean me I didn't think the first one had gone though with is why I posted twice. How do you know I take pain medication?

kernal 2 years, 5 months ago

To the person who submitted this question: you can buy hand tools for digging weeds at Westlake Hardware and other hardware and garedening stores. Digging weeds can be very Zen and it's better for the soil than poisons.

Matthew Herbert 2 years, 5 months ago

Or, in the amount of time it took you to craft this letter you could have sprayed the median yourself and been part of the solution

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Dandelion greens wilted with hot bacon grease! Yummm, yum!

James Minor 2 years, 5 months ago

Dried ground dandelions only from Princeton Blvd mixed with 10% oregano will give the same effect as K2. Tell everyone you know that this is true and your dillemma will be solved - naturally. They will be on Princeton digging up weeds sacking and baggin.

Danielle Brunin 2 years, 5 months ago

It's true. Our neighbors had a group of kids (well, not really kids, they were guys who were old enough to know better) on their hands and knees raiding a patch of purple poppy mallow in their yard because it has supposed hallucinogenic effects. People will do anything for a high.

JackMcKee 2 years, 5 months ago

I have some nutsedge if any kids want to come pull it and try to smoke it.

SirReal 2 years, 5 months ago

Dandelions are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. It also has many other uses. Fact. Don't take my word for it look it up yourself. Somebody would really put poisons into the ground (and therefore our water supply) to eradicate what is a seasonal and very helpful plant? Get over it people. Get a hobby, visit your friends and relatives, start sewing, anything to keep you from freaking out about minor things.

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

The definition of a weed is any plant that grows where you don't want it to grow. Yah, I'd spray the friggin' dandies in the median if it were up to me. Ain't gonna poison your water supply either, so quit being so reactionary with your baseless assertions. The chemical kills the weed, goes inert & that's that.