Sound Off

Sound Off: Does anyone in town still develop film?

A number of places in Lawrence process film. Walgreens, Target, Walmart and CVS can develop and print 35mm negative film. Services vary from store to store on whether they can provide same-day service or the film is sent out for a three- to five-day turnaround.

Comments

cozborn 2 years, 3 months ago

Downtown weston has a small repair shop, and lots of cameras.

rbwaa 2 years, 3 months ago

Sorry countrygirl but Wolfe's has no repair service. They can evaluate problems and send a camera to a service center. The only area repairman I know of is Phototronics in Topeka at Kansas Ave. and 24 Highway.

RaynRavyn 2 years, 3 months ago

Yes.... In the dark room in the basement. Have a few quite interesting shots down there at the moment, taken with one of these guys... http://www.ecrater.com/p/5808841/vintage-nikon-em-35mm-slr . Also with other, but atm this one is my favorite. :)

Flap Doodle 2 years, 3 months ago

IIRC, "Instamatic" was a Kodak term, not a Polaroid one.

cozborn 2 years, 3 months ago

Pearl River tlr chinese knock offs are actually quite literally a bomb.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 3 months ago

I was probably the last convert to digital cameras. I doubt I could go back. The ability to delete poorly taken pictures is gold.

"You may say that, but how many of us find undeveloped rolls around and wonder what's on them from years ago?"

I found three one use cameras in the back cab of my truck last year. I assumed they were from a camping/canoe trip from the early 00's. I decided to toss them. I'm not sure if Missouri has any statutes of limitation, but I decided to take a chance.

Lana Christie-Hayes 2 years, 3 months ago

Polaroid Instamatic Cameras were the B O M B !!!

Boston_Corbett 2 years, 3 months ago

Still mourning the demise of Kodak Kodachrome film...

Flap Doodle 2 years, 3 months ago

Still mourning the demise of Kodak CPS film.....

beatrice 2 years, 3 months ago

Isn't there a shop over by the horse buggy repair stall?

UNIKU 2 years, 3 months ago

Also - if someone wants to make a killing they should start up a camera repair shop -- there is not one here or in the surrounding area.

mawils 2 years, 3 months ago

Walgreens still develops 35mm & APS film same day. We have two here in Lawrence one @ 23rd and Louisiana (785-832-8188) & one @ 6th & Kasold (785-841-5400)!

cozborn 2 years, 3 months ago

Not really if you want it professionally done, but you can always go to CVS of something like that, I was sad to see Image Works go, now I have to drive to Kc to get mine developed, anything else that might be really old and use a different chemical I send to a lab in Parsons or even Colorado. Though I mostly use 120 slide film. I often will buy cameras at yard sales and what not just to get the film developed. If I feel the camera back was never opened after the film was loaded. The most interesting stuff I found was alot of nice shots from a USO show in the Pacific theater

mae 2 years, 3 months ago

mae 2 years, 3 months ago

Benjamin Roberts 2 years, 3 months ago

Does someone in Lawrence still use film?