Sound Off

Sound Off: Why haven’t the utility flags been removed between 23rd and 25th streets on Kasold now that the construction is over?

Megan Gilliland, the city’s communications manager, provided this answer: Contractors are still completing small projects related to the Kasold reconstruction project including pavement re-striping.

Comments

oneflewover 2 years, 7 months ago

Wasn't aware that locates were necessary for road striping. Guess I learn something new every day.

GardenMomma 2 years, 7 months ago

It's done? Driving north along Kasold, from about the 2800 block until the 2400 block, the road is all wobbly. I thought they still needed to resurface it still.

The road on Crestline between Harvard and Oxford is horrible too. They spent months fixing the road there and now it sounds horrible when you drive over it. It "whumps" at every section break in the concrete. Not a smooth transition at all. Makes for a very noisy street.

hujiko 2 years, 7 months ago

There's an easy solution, don't drive.

otto 2 years, 7 months ago

GardenMomma === you may want to check your tires for lumps.

GardenMomma 2 years, 7 months ago

But since the only time I notice it is at those two specific places (and I have driven those roads in different cars and noticed the same thing) and I am not the only one who has noticed the Crestline stretch, I don't think it is my tires. They are brand new.

FarneyMac 2 years, 7 months ago

"Sound Off" appears to be a place for the unhinged, ignorant, and/or computer-illiterate to ask pointless questions of city officials - usually ones that could be solved with 5 seconds of Googling.

Sherry Warren 2 years, 7 months ago

If readers "could care less" as you say, then they care. I think you really mean "couldn't care less" meaning that they truly could not care less because they don't care at all.

evilpenguin 2 years, 7 months ago

Finally, someone points out that "could care less" is used wrongly all the time! One of the most frustrating phrases in the world!

Peaty Romano 2 years, 7 months ago

John Cleese has one of the best explanations on the subject: