Sound Off

Sound Off: I have not received a phone book for the past two years. Is there a phone number to call to have one delivered to my house?

To order an AT&T phone book, you can call 1-866-329-7118. Additionally, order forms are available at att.com/mydirectories.

Comments

bad_dog 2 years, 6 months ago

But what if you've already discarded the old ones? I guess you just have to call directory assistance...

Bill Lee 2 years, 6 months ago

There are more trees in this country now than at any point in history. They're being grown to make paper. Whenever a tree is cut down by commercial loggers, they plant two. What we're missing is old trees, and those won't be returning.

grammaddy 2 years, 6 months ago

I've received about 10 in the last 2 years. Where would you like me to send them?

LadyJ 2 years, 6 months ago

They used to have them inside the ATT cellphone stores right by the door. Just grab one.

Bill Lee 2 years, 6 months ago

I received one at my door very recently. AT&T may still be working on it and just hasn't gotten to you yet.

Chrissy Neibarger 2 years, 6 months ago

Is there a phone number that I can call for them to STOP delivering me the phone book. They get recycled the second they land on our door step. Really - do I need 3 every time you drop them off? We don't even have a home phone and the internet is much easier - I get reviews that way.

50YearResident 2 years, 6 months ago

Next time try calling the "phone" company instead of the "newspaper", they are different, didn't you know?

Belinda Rehmer 2 years, 6 months ago

You can have mine! Haven't used a phone book in probably 2 years!

verity 2 years, 6 months ago

I recall reading an article a year or so ago, so can't give a citation, but some city was trying to get a law passed to outlaw printing and delivering phone books to every house (I think they were asking for some sort of opt-out). It costs quite a bit for the city to recycle or get rid of all the books. The phone companies, or whoever else is publishing the books, apparently make quite a bit of money from ads placed in the books and don't want to give that up. If you've ever placed yellow page ads you know that they can be very expensive.

I get three or four different phone books and multiple copies of some of them. They are useful for stacking on chairs for a child seat or if you need to reach something and don't have a ladder. However, I wouldn't recommend it as they are pretty unstable.

Scott Morgan 2 years, 6 months ago

It costs quite a bit for the city to recycle or get rid of all the books.

Is there a shortage of wood now? Cost more to recycle? How much energy does it cost to recycle the book. It must be a bad bad affliction to be a greenie.

When historians study our culture they will wonder why with all the oil and renewable vegetation did we ever fall victim to this odd belief.

pace 2 years, 6 months ago

I use to pick them up at the chamber of commerce office. Don't know if they still have them there. The statement that " it cost quite a bit for the city to recycle or get rid of phone books" is wrong in almost every word. None of the statement is factual or accurate. It sounds like some sort of drunken ranting.

verity 2 years, 6 months ago

Some cities do have recycling---the one that the article was about did have and that was one of the reasons they were concerned. It does take energy (most of which causes pollution) to produce phone books and if they go into the trash it does cost the city.