Sound Off

Sound Off: Last year the fire hydrant in my yard was replaced. In the process, a huge hole was dug out around the hydrant then filled in. Over time the ground has settled and there remains a large sunken depression around the hydrant with wide cracks. I’m afraid someone may twist an ankle or lose a pet in one of the cracks. Whom do I call to request more dirt for this spot?

Contact the city’s utilities department, 832-7800.

Comments

jetgirl 3 years ago

Maybe money is the issue since dirt costs.

sad_lawrencian 3 years ago

I think they should make the "sound off" questions' font size just a little bigger. Looks to be about 21pt. I say that's too little. What about... 48? No. 64! Yes, they should use 64pt font.

Bunny_Hotcakes 3 years ago

At least 128 pt. Go big or go home. I want to have to scroll down to read each word.

KS 3 years ago

I agree with "forealzies". Do it yourself.

suesay 3 years ago

No kidding. I don't understand why people complain about spelling or grammar or whatever. No one is holding a gun to your head. You don't have to read anything on this site.

The Lincoln Journal Star ( I live in Lincoln, NE) site has this on their website to read before you post a comment. If only everyone would follow these guidelines...

Keep it clean.

Avoid language that is obscene, vulgar, lewd or sexually-oriented. If you can't control yourself, don't post it.

Don't threaten to hurt or kill anyone.

Be truthful. Don't lie about anyone or anything.

Be nice.

No racism, sexism or any other sort of -ism that degrades another person.

PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK, and forgive people their spelling errors.

Let us know if it's getting out of hand.

Please use the "Report Abuse" button on offensive comments.

Share what you know, and ask about what you don't. Give us your eyewitness accounts, background, observations and history. What more do you want to know about the story?

Stay focused and ask questions. Keep on the story's topic.

And remember - don't feed the trolls.

otto 3 years ago

At least we will get all the sinkhole questions resolved so we can move on to what we had for dinner last Tuesday.

rodocker 3 years ago

Public Werks. The dert should be compacted around the riser >= 90%

Flap Doodle 3 years ago

Or at least put the questions in Comic Sans....

Ruttrow 3 years ago

So the dog was a crack addict?