Sound Off

Sound Off: I have a depression/sinkhole where a contractor who built a house next door tapped into the sewer line. Whom do I call to get that repaired?

Megan Gilliland, the city’s communications manager, provided this information: According to the city’s Building Safety Division, the property owner would need to contact the contractor who was responsible for the construction. If the project is still active, or less than a year old, the contractor may consider correcting the issue. However, past one year, this is most likely a civil issue between neighboring property owners.


Brandon Weber 6 years, 2 months ago

Since the city services have stopped taking any responsibility for utility lines running through home owners property, where do I send the bill for use of my sewer line?

nmdude 6 years, 2 months ago

I had a sewer main that was installed at the back of my lot supposedly under city inspection. The contractor left a mess and the city acted like it wasn't thier problem. What the heck do we have these city inspectors for???

littlexav 6 years, 2 months ago

It's "who," not "whom." If the reader "who" sent the letter used it incorrectly, you should have corrected it for him before publishing.

Joe Berns 6 years, 2 months ago

If its just a sinkhole, cant you put some fill dirt on top and tap it down? Should cost around $100.00, give or take.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.