Sound Off

I saw several people downtown this weekend soliciting money for a charity named Save the Children. Don’t they need a permit to do that?

No. Under Kansas law, a nonprofit that files the state-required paperwork for their organization may solicit funds without a permit. For more specific information about the law, visit


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.