Sound Off

Why do your Web videos take so long to come in? The video was 4:35 and it took over 25 minutes to download on my computer. I watch it here on a satellite dish. I also live in Florida part-time and have direct cable. You guys are so slow and I’d like to know why.

Video is a bandwidth-intensive process, there’s no way around it. According to statistics from the past 30 days, about 80 percent of LJWorld.com users have a connection that would be defined as high-speed: cable, DSL, T1, etc. The other 20 percent of users either had a connection that couldn’t be determined — satellite likely falls in here — or have dial-up. Except in the rarest of circumstances, high speed Internet users should be able to load most of our videos in a matter of seconds. For example, a 1:40 video loaded completely within about 40 seconds and started playing within 5 to 10 seconds. For users with dial-up or something like satellite, download speeds will be slow, however.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.