Sound Off

Is there a place in Kansas where any judge that is rude to plaintiffs or defense people can be reported? If so, what happens if the judge were to take any possible retaliation?

Complaints about judges can be reported to the state’s judicial disciplinary board, by writing to The Commission on Judicial Qualifications, c/o Clerk of The Supreme Court, 301 W. 10th Ave., Topeka, 66612. “There are rules requiring judges to maintain decorum,” said Ron Keefover, supreme court spokesman. While it’s important you identify yourself, so an investigator can contact you, Keefover said you can request your identity be kept from the judge.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.