Sound Off

For how long is a residential contractor allowed to block the street or parking along the curbside with a city roll-off trash bin when there’s a relatively small project going on at a nearby residence?

The city does not require a temporary right-of-way permit for residential locations. According to Brian Jimenez, city code enforcement manager, if a resident has a complaint about the length of time a roll-off trash bin is placed on the street, the city will contact the contractor and verify the work and timeline for completion. Residents can report concerns online at or call 832-3110.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.