Sound Off

What steps does a person have to take to have a speed bump placed on a residential street? A lot of people speed down our street, and we have a day care here.

Lisa Patterson, communications manager for the city of Lawrence, suggests contacting the city’s traffic engineer, David Woosley, to discuss specific traffic concerns. The next step may be to have your need evaluated by the Traffic Safety Commission for a recommendation to the Lawrence City Commission. Approved traffic-calming devices must then have funding allocated, Patterson says. Woosley can be contacted at 832-3034 or


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.