Sound Off

I know someone who has power of attorney over a relative. This person is misusing the funds. How can I report this and to whom? What will be done?

Under Kansas law, what you describe would be a crime and it should be reported to a law enforcement agency. The law lists several aspects that constitute mistreatment of a dependent adult, including this: “ … taking unfair advantage of a dependent adult’s physical or financial resources for another individual’s personal or financial advantage by the use of undue influence, coercion, harassment, duress, deception, false representation or false pretense by a caretaker or another person.” Police need to find evidence to back up your allegation if charges are to be filed.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.