Sound Off

Where can a person get help in appealing a claim refused by the Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage, Part D?

Ashley Schemm, community services program assistant for Douglas County Senior Services, said to call 800-MEDICARE or the Senior Health Insurance Counseling For Kansas hotline at 800-860-5260 to find the closest SHICK counselor who can assist them. The drug company that denied the claim should have sent instructions on how to appeal the claim that was denied, Schemm said. Douglas County residents can access the SHICK counselor at Douglas County Senior Services, 745 Vt. For more information, contact Schemm at 842-0543.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.