Sound Off

I didn't vote in the primary election. Where and how can I register for the November election?

If you are not registered to vote and you live in Douglas County, registration can be completed at the Douglas County Clerk's Office at the courthouse, 1100 Mass. A registration application is also available at the Web site of the clerk's office, Completed applications can be faxed to (785) 832-5192, sent by e-mail as a PDF to, or mailed. Mailed forms need to be postmarked to the clerk's office, 1100 Mass., Lawrence, KS, 66044, by Oct. 20 for the voter to participate in the Nov. 4 general election. The forms can also be turned in or filled out at the clerk's office through Oct. 20 for voters to be eligible for that election. Voters can also check to make sure their registration is current at the clerk's office Web site.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.