Sound Off

Where can we discard fluorescent light bulbs that no longer work?

The city of Lawrence/ Douglas County Household Hazardous Waste Facility accepts all types of fluorescent light bulbs along with other mercury-containing lamps, according to Kathy Richardson, city waste reduction & recycling operations supervisor. To set up an appointment to drop off the light bulbs, call 832-3030. For more information on recycling, log on to

Also, Home Depot stores nationwide accept compact fluorescent bulbs for recycling.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.