Sound Off

What would a new resident to Lawrence need to do to get registered to vote?

Keith Campbell, the Douglas County clerk's deputy of elections, said new voters can come to the clerk's office in the Douglas County Courthouse, 1100 Mass., or the Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles office, 1035 N. Third St. They also can print a registration application at Campbell also said it is important that first-time voters provide valid identification when they vote, including a current Kansas driver's license, Kansas ID card, utility bill, bank statement, paycheck or stub, government check or stub, other government document, student ID, military ID or passport. The county clerk's office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and the phone number is 832-5182.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.