Sound Off

Where can people take hazardous waste products such as computers and old monitors? Does the city have a place to dispose of them?

UNI Computers, 1403 W. 23rd St., is a drop-off point for Kansas Computer Recycling. UNI will take any computer for recycling, but has to charge for CRT (cathode ray tube) monitors. The Computer Learning Center at Independence Inc., 2001 Haskell Ave., will take computers if they still work and can be used to benefit other people. For other places in the area, visit and click on computer/ electronic recycling.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.