Sound Off

Who should you call if you have questions on who is eligible and what services are offered under Medicare or Medicaid?

For Medicare, a good place to start is Senior Health Insurance Counseling for Kansas, a service available through the Kansas Department on Aging. Call (800) 860-5260.

Nationally, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' number is (800) 633-4227. Information also can be found online at

For Medicaid, information can be found at the Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services' Access Point. That number is (888) 369-4777. Another good agency to try for Medicaid is the Kansas Medical Assistance Programs and its consumer line at (800) 766-9012.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.