Sound Off

I'd like to know what kind of discharge the military gives to personnel who are outed as gays after they have enlisted?

There are no hard-and-fast rules for what kind of discharge that gay military individuals are given if they are outed. According to military policies, honorable discharges are given generally to those with good service records and who are not found to have been in violation of military policies. Other discharges, however, are possible based on the circumstance on how the person was outed.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.