Sound Off

Do members of a township or Douglas County commissioners ever get involved in boundary disputes in rural Douglas County?

There is a state law that allows county commissioners to rule in a property boundary dispute and it is known as "fence viewing." It comes into play only when two neighbors can't resolve issues having to do with maintenance of a common fence along a property line, or if one neighbor thinks the fence is not on the right boundary. Commissioners can go out and do a fence viewing. They then make a ruling.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.