Sound Off

Can you tell me where Lawrence residents can drop off hazardous materials like batteries and leftover paint?

Douglas County residents may safely dispose of their leftover paint, batteries and pesticides by calling the Household Hazardous Waste Program, 832-3030.

Because the site is often unattended, dropoffs are discouraged. The site's address is not publicized.

When you call, a worker will set up a time to meet you at the site, usually within a few minutes.

A full list of wastes accepted can be found at www.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.