Sound Off for December 2006
- Could the city charge people on fixed incomes a lower property-tax rate than people who have regular incomes?
- I noticed that the attendance was reported as 16,300 for the Dartmouth game even though there were several thousand empty seats in the northwest corner. Who does the counting and will they continue to show a full house when, in fact, it is not? When was the last time we had so many nonattendees for KU basketball?
- I would like to know what Douglas County Administrator Craig Weinaug's annual salary and compensation is.
- Is Kansas University's Danny Kaiser the assistant dean of students, or does he work in the Parking and Transit Department?
- I would like to know where you can get rid of a couple buckets of paint since you are not supposed to dispose of them in the trash.
- Whatever happened to The Hawk, the bar that was going to lose its license because of underage-drinking violations?
- I see Douglas County's Consumer Protection Unit has deemed Game Nut's PlayStation 3 drawing as an illegal lottery, because it was limited to paying customers. How is the drawing at Checkers - offering the winner $100 in free groceries each month for a year - in exchange for donations to the Lawrence Memorial Hospital's capital campaign any different?
- I'd like to know the top 10 counties in Kansas for students attending Kansas University at the Lawrence campus compared to the top 10 counties in Kansas for students attending K-State in Manhattan.