Who was Eudora named after?
According to the Eudora Area Historical Society, Eudora was named after a daughter of Paschal Fish, a Shawnee chief related to Tecumseh. A committee of German immigrants found the land near the junction of the Kansas and Wakarusa rivers. In April of 1857, they bought the land from Paschal Fish. In 1858, the town was incorporated under territorial law.