Sound Off

What is the proper way to dispose of AA and C-type batteries? I'm talking about the kind we use at home in all the kids' toys. It says on the label to dispose of them properly, but I'm not sure what that means.

To dispose of AA or C-type batteries properly, you should take them to the Lawrence-Douglas County Household Hazardous Waste Facility, which is open by appointment.

To make an appointment, call the city of Lawrence's Division of Waste Reduction and Recycling office, 832-3030.

"Usually, appointments are set up the day someone calls or for the next day," said Kathy Richardson, a waste reduction and recycling specialist for the city.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.