Sound Off

When police or those in authority act illegally, to what authority should one make the report?

Sgt. Dan Ward of the Lawrence Police Department provided this answer: "Most law enforcement agencies have a professional standards or an internal-affairs division where you can report the concern or complaint. The Lawrence Police Department's Internal Affairs Division is at the Lawrence Police Department, 111 E. 11th St., Lawrence, 66044 and can be reached by calling (785) 832-7551. Complaints and concerns are taken by mail, phone or in person."

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is at the same address and can be reached by calling 841-0007.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.