Sound Off

Is there an ordinance that holds landlords accountable for tenants who repeatedly have to have the police called on them? If so, what is the process of holding them accountable?

The city has a "disorderly house nuisance" ordinance. If, within a one-year-period, there are two or more crimes on the property -- such as alcohol violations or disorderly conduct -- the city can declare the house a nuisance and force the owner to make improvements or evict residents.

The ordinance, Chapter 14, Article 11 of the city code, is available online at


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.